Kentucky Association for Play Therapy 2020 Conference with JP Lilly at City Place
27th Annual KAPT Conference
Please join the Kentucky Association of Play Therapy as we welcome JP Lilly to our 27th Annual Conference March 12th and 13th, 2020.
- Ky Board of Marriage and Family Therapists (approved 12/12/19)
- APT approved provider 00-0081
- Ky Board of Licensed Psychologist (approved 1/20/20)
- NBCC approved ACEP# 5789 (NBCC credit hours approved by Ky Board of Licensed Professional Counselors AND Ky Board of Social Work)
J.P. Lilly is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Registered Play Therapist/ Supervisor in private practice. He is published in books and journals, and taught at Brigham Young University in the graduate schools of Clinical Psychology, Social Work, and MFT for seventeen years.
Conference Topic: "Understanding the Deeper Meaning of Children's Play: A Jungian Analytical Play Therapy Perspective"
Presentation Description: During the course of a Play Therapy session there are a great number of things happening. From a Jungian Analytical Play Therapy perspective, there is as much happening unconsciously and consciously, which only adds to the number of issues over with the play therapist must be aware. Over the years it has become this presenter's experience that the more seasoned and experienced play therapist is anxious to explore more of that unconscious material, and establish a deeper understanding of the child's behavior. This will start by examining the structure of the child's psyche. We will establish a theoretical core from which we can understand the child's symptoms in relationship to how the child has processed her experiences. The dynamic relationship between the child' conscious behavior and her deeper, unconscious formulation of complex related material will be presented. The toys the child selects, and the themes presented by the child's play will be examined to illustrate them as direct empirical manifestations of unconscious material. This material will be examined for clinically relevant material, and the process of transformation will be illustrated. This "deeper" look into the therapeutic play of children will assist seasoned play therapists to discover a more meaningful understanding of the play the children manifest during a play therapy session.
***To join APT today for lower conference fee and much more go to a4pt.org***
Any APT member (including members from any state branch) qualify for the member discounted conference price! You can still join APT and register to get the member price!
8:30-9:30 – Rudiments of Jungian Analytical Theory
9:30-10:30- Jungian theory
10:45-11:15- Structure of the Psyche
11:15-12:00- Ego deintegration, Complex development and formulation
1:00-2:00- JP Universal Model of Play Therapy
2:00-3:00- Roles of the Play Therapist, Temenos, ego inflation, toys
3:15-4:30- Interpreting Children's play
8:30-10:00- Transference, Countertransference
10:00-10:30- Jungian Play Therapy techniques
10:30- 10:45- Break
10:45-12:00- Play Therapy review sheet, witnessing the process of transformation
1:00-3:00- detailed analysis of an actual play therapy session from an analytical perspective
3:15-4:30- Continuation of analysis of play therapy session
112 S 1st Ave
La Grange, KY 40031
We have an exciting new venue this year--plenty of parking is available on site!
CE Hours are included in the cost of registration. Kentucky Association for Play Therapy is an APT Approved Provider 00-081.
With respect to cencallations and refunds, the policy of the Kentucky Association of Play Therapy (KAPT) is as follows:
1. If you register for an event and cancel your registration 30 or more days prior to the event, you will receive a full refund minus a $25.00 processing fee. If you cancel 30 or more days prior to the event and wish to attend a future event, we will credit your entire registration fee toward any KAPT event schedule in the next twelve (12) months. If you do not register for another event in the next 12 months, you will recieve a full refund minus the $25.00 processing fee.
2. If you register for an event and cancel fewer than 30 days before the event, you may either a.) Recieve a refund of 50% of the registration price or b.) Credit the entire registration price toward any KAPT event in the next 12 months, as described in paragraph 1.
If you register for an event and do not attend, our policy is that you forfeit the registration fee unless you notify us in writing within 7 days after the event why you could not attend. KAPT will have the discretion to issue a refund or a credit if there is a valid excuse for missing the event (for example: sudden illness, death in the family, etc...)
3. KAPT reserve the right to cancel any training due to unforseen circumstances. If this occurs, you will be notified at the contact information you provided and automatically registered for the next available KAPT training or if you notify us in writing at email@example.com, you may elect to receive a full refund for the training. KAPT's liability for cancellatoins is limited to the cost of the registration fee. KAPT is not responsible for other expenses incurred by the customer if training is cancelled.